A record to be proud of - 100%+ recovery on defaulted loans
Remember that your capital is at risk with no FSCS protection. Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns and we cannot guarantee that the security on the loan will cover full capital and interest.
Performance Summary (as at 01.04.2020)
- 3278 loans with a cumulative loan amount of £21.3 million have been repaid or renewed.
- Another 335 loans with a cumulative loan amount of £1.1 million have defaulted. This equates to a default rate of 9.3% by number and 5.1% by value.
- Of these defaulted loans, recovery has been completed on 284 loans with a recovery rate of approximately 121% of net amount due to lenders.
- Many more loans, although not defaulted, have been repaid through the sale of assets under the instruction of the borrower. For example, loans made as pre-auction advance have been repaid from auction proceeds and some high-value loans have been repaid through organised sales to dealers.
Performance Tables (as at 01.04.2020)
For explanation of the loan types see further below.
|by number||Active and performing||Repaid or Renewed||Defaulted and recovered||Defaulted and awaiting recovery||Default rate (by %)|
|Consumers Loans against Gold||195||987||61||9||6.6%|
|Consumers Loans against Non-Gold||382||2135||223||40||11.0%|
|HNW and Business Loans||10||62||-||2||3.1%|
|Watch Dealer Loans||17||94||-||-||0.0%|
|by value (£)||Active and performing||Repaid or Renewed||Defaulted and recovered||Defaulted and awaiting recovery||Default rate (by %)|
|Consumers Loans against Gold||649,597||3,543,530||261,223||31,713||7.6%|
|Consumers Loans against Non-Gold||1,660,855||9,777,831||568,251||234,534||7.6%|
|HNW and Business Loans||933,567||4,461,245||-||54,075||1.2%|
|Watch Dealer Loans||1,008,772||3,529,600||-||-||0.0%|
Default and recovery statistics
|by number||All recovered||Full recovery||Interest shortfall only||Principal shortfall|
|Consumers Loans against Gold||61||61|
|Consumers Loans against Non-Gold||223||172||13||38|
|by value (£)||Net amount due to lenders1||Net sale proceeds received||Gross interest shortfall||Gross principal shortfall 2||Recovery rate (%)|
|Consumers Loans against Gold||269,395||307,978||114%|
|Consumers Loans against Non-Gold||603,240||745,737||6,918||11,821||124%|
1. Net of any payments made by the borrower.
2. Repaid by platform - so zero net loss to investors.
Consumer loans made against goldThese are the easiest to value and dispose in default. They are also the easiest for risk management purposes as the value of the underlying collateral can be hedged.
Consumer loans against non-gold assetsThese loans are typically lower value and risk on these loans is managed through a combination of diversification and careful underwriting.
Loans made to business and high net worth customersThese are typically higher-value loans and are carefully underwritten, with additional due-diligence conducted on value and ownership of assets. From a risk perspective we consider these loans to be lower risk than equivalent consumer loans, as all such loans also benefit from full recourse to the borrower as well as regular monthly interest payments.
Loans made to watch dealersThese are longer-term loans provided to dealers of second-hand watches against a part of their stock, valued at trade disposal prices and held in our possession. By now, we have an established trading history with all our watch-dealer borrowers. You can read more about watch-dealer loans here.