Working Capital Loans
Unbolted finances the working capital requirements of dealers of luxury assets. Loans are secured against a revolving group of stock held in Unbolted's possession, with interest paid monthly on them. Besides the security of the assets, we also monitor the financial health of the business on an ongoing basis.
How do we manage risk on these loans?
The aggregate amount of loans made to a single borrower tends to be higher than the average loan on the platform. Given the larger size and longer-term nature of these loans, we manage risks on these loans more conservatively:
- all watches are valued at trade disposal prices;
- loans are fulfilled at a lower LTV - 65% to 75% of trade value;
- interest payment is collected monthly;
- directors of the businesses provide personal guarantee; and
- we monitor the financial health of the businesses on an ongoing basis.
How can you control your exposure?
You can restrict the amount of automatic investment to be made to a single dealer. Once you hit your maximum lending amount to one particular dealer, your funds will not be invested in any further new loans made to that dealer.
As working capital requirements vary over time in natural course of business or by opportunistic purchase of goods, the number and total amount of loan to a dealer may vary.
What is the interest rate you receive?
You will receive a base rate of 0.80% per month.